I have spent the last couple weeks working on the code for abilities. I created the code so that I could use it for every kind of ability, whether projectile or area effect, and I made sure I could use the same system for effects from items, weapons, or other. I also set it up so that effects could be applied to targets with ease.
Hard to explain it all, but essentially, ability code took me a substantial amount of time to complete because I wanted to make sure the code was optimal and utilitarian. Now, I won't have to create code from scratch for any other ability/effect related aspects of the game.
What is in this update:
- Cooldowns for abilities
- Displayed under the ability slots.
- Separate ability slots
- UI display for each slot, not dynamically named though.
- Charges for abilities (Right click has 3 charges)
- Going to create a display for amount of charges, because right now it's unclear.
- Aiming abilities
- Hold down an ability button to extend cast time
- Right now this has no real use, but I will add code to make the ability more powerful depending on extended cast time.
Get The Champions Of Goldcrest
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.